June 20, 2011

Monday Mornings

We've been busy.
Joe Purdy. I could listen to Joe Purdy all night long. I just might. I am loving this site new music website. My free trial expires in 4 days, and I am already dreading it. I love free trials. I love naps while watching McIlroy. I love seeing family. I love this book that my dear friends told me about a few weeks ago. I am only one chapter in, and I can tell that it is going to be great. More to come on Humility soon. I don't want to put it down.

I WANT to love Monday mornings.

Some Mondays you wake up and realize that you have absolutely nothing ironed to wear to work, so you turn your closet upside down while wearing a towel around your head, because hair dryers are overrated. Completely overrated. In the very depths of your organized closet (I would NEVER lie on this blog), you find a pair of pants you did not even remember you had. VICTORY. One more weekend without ironing.

Now to the point ..when you are having a "Monday morning kind of day," make this dip. I promise you won't regret it.

I am loving this recipe. Please don't leave. Don't leave me! I know I am telling you about peas with tahini, but it is so yummy that I had to share. Abi, I would mail you some of this if I could. I know I could get it in a flat rate box. There is a man in town that walks 5 Basset hounds and another dog all at once and wears a green hat. I think he would love this dip too. Then I could walk the Basset hounds.

Shhh...Don't tell. This is my sister's Anthropologie mini colander...I may steal it. I love it!
It is impossible to mess up (unlike the closet), and it is perfect for this time of year. I like have it on really crunchy toast, but Deb had it on pita wedges. Keep it in your fridge for up to a week, and if you have nothing to wear, you will have lunch ready to go! Who can look down on wrinkles when you are eating something with smoked paprika in it. Move over ordinary paprika.

I made added some organic yellow corn to the recipe, because it was giving me the evil eye in the cabinet and wanted to be eaten.

Crushed Peas and Corn with Smoky Sesame Dressing (Thank you Smitten Kitchen)
1 1/2 pounds fresh peas in pods or about 1 1/2 cups already shelled or frozen and defrosted
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup diced onion
1 can organic yellow corn

Bring a saucepan of water to a gentle boil and blanche the peas for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Rinse in REALLY cold water. Combine all the other ingredients in a large bowl and add the peas. Mash them slightly. Be gentle with the peas! Add the corn if you like and eat immediately or save for a wet-hair, wrinkled pants kind-of day :) Serve over crunchy toast, crackers, pita wedges, or eat with a fork.
Yummy


Green pea dip. Green chair.





He never irons.



Abi's Hummus



Abi commented on the post and surprised me by adding a picture and her first batch of hummus...my fav :) Abi! I miss you!

"Sara!  I wish I wish I wish you could... but even more I wish I could make it with you!  Instead I will imagine that my first batch of make shift hummus, made in my new mini food possessor, was made at the same time (which it almost was), and please know that YOU WERE THOUGHT OF at every press and sound of the zuuuuuuzizizizuuu button.  :)"

Love,
Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment