June 18, 2011

Japan does flowers well!

I think that the son did kiss this rose.
There is man that lives just down the street and is growing the most beautiful roses I have ever seen!  Forget talking... I will allow you to enjoy the pictures.  And, Yes they smell as wonderful as they look.  
Masii san
 Please do allow me to tell you a bit of how I came to meet Masii san.

I was walking past his home on my way to work one day when my eye caught a flower, the like I have never seen.  But... I couldn't stop because I had to get to work.  Then... I noticed that it was not just one flower that my eyes were beholding for the first time... there were so many!!! I gasped! I really did! And stopped walking. I couldn't handle it!  I was determined then to go back. 

As you can see I did!

Last Sunday I got up early enough to go and try to photograph, as discreetly as possible all the beauties I could. But, alas I was caught.  lol Masii san was wonderful!  He loved it! He keep saying "Mitate"-Look! It was wonderful! He took time to show me all he had.  Ohh how beautiful! 

Evey rose was so very delicate and wonderful.  Full of the most natural perfumed sents and vibrant colors.

I went through a stage of my life where everything I ate and drank almost always consisted of peach something.  Peach tea, hot cold.  Peach muffins, peach yogurt, peach chutney, peach ice cream.  But I mostly just loved eating PEACHES! I find that the color (of a peach) is just as wonderful.  I mean look at this rose>.  With out getting too girly... humm... maybey I'm way beyond that... this is a post about flowers... OH WELL! I find this flower, this color brings to my mind a fine lady full of grace and refined simplicity. It inspires me!
These were my favorite of all!  When I first saw them I literally gasped! They just take your breath away... well they took mine away. I guess I don't know about you. ;)
These are from the same bush!
I never would have expected to been so fortunate to get to have a personal tour of this wonderful rose garden but I did.  Not only that, but I was given some of these beauty to take home!






I used the finest vases I could find... well I don't have any vases so I used my favorite handmade mug, a little glass jar, and the bottom of a plastic jug.  lol :)  Make shift I know but it worked! 


So here they sat!  On my wee window sill.  The flowers graced my life for days but the memories will last much much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment